Saturday 24 March 2012

For Mums 2

My Mum and Mum in Law have their birthdays one day apart, always around Mother's day. Since one lives in Cornwall and the other in Scotland it's OK to make them pretty much the same and having made one I decided I liked the look of it enough to do another. In fact, I have another two made up in two more colours.
The dies are from Spellbinders Lace Doily Motifs and Labels 22. The sentiment is from the Wishing on a Star CD by Katy Sue Designs.
For the bows, I coloured white seam binding to match. The background is stamped with Clarity Stamp Leafy Swirl. The blending is done using my trusty Inkylicious Duster Brushes.

Not having any baker's twine, I tried to make my own using a technique I found. The principal worked but the result was not brilliant as the only "string" I could find was very absorbent and the colour spread too much.
Make your own baker's twine.

No comments:

Post a Comment